eCommerce Manager, Marketplaces
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL, United States
Drive commerce by growing Dyson’s presence on 3rd party marketplaces, developing integrated customer experiences using best in class digital strategies and merchandising to generate sell out velocity.
Manage the day to
day responsibilities for all Dyson’s marketplaces
- Create, manage, and optimize listings.
- Coordinate marketing for all online marketplaces, including promotional opportunities, pricing optimization, and content creation
- Identify product, service, or marketplace issues, and resolve them accordingly
- Build and maintain relationships with contacts at each marketplace
- Deliver and exceed the growth objectives for finished goods and parts across product categories
- Partner with Digital Analytics manager to report on performance, insights and optimizations on a periodic basis to all levels of the organization
- Identify & implement opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell buyers within the customer journeys
- Build processes, calendars to communicate merchandising plans to various teams across the organization
- Manage all content publishing on to ensure quality and accuracy
- Research and identify new marketplaces
- Develop profitable online programs including eCommerce range planning, promotions, and merchandising solutions to reduce refurbished inventory levels without creating channel conflicts
Develop and execute testing roadmap
- Responsible for building a culture of continuous learning through on-going testing, measurement and optimization on marketplace storefronts
- Be an active subject matter expert on all things marketplaces
- Support and mentor team members
- Write briefs for the central Web delivery team to develop content and capabilities
- Ensure that all Dyson communications are compliant from an IP, legal & product team perspective
- Digital project management
- Perform QA on all product and offer launches online.
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 4-6 years of online marketing experience working with 1 or more major 3rd party marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Wal-Mart).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience managing P&L for an ecommerce site.
- Must have experience working with a transactional Web site.
- Digital project management with a proven track record.
- Digital creative development and account management in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with ChannelAdvisor, or other cross-platform marketplaces solutions preferred
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project brief writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- Executive presentation skills.
- An innovative thinker with Web Merchandising expertise, and a proven track record.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting.
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Ability to travel as needed (<20%)
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.