Warehouse Stores Operative
£17,000 +27 days holiday +Bonus + Pension
Chippenham, United Kingdom
The Spares & Accessories department supplies the parts to all our Field engineers for them to service or carry out repairs to our customer products. The department also supplies parts & accessories to all our UK customers.
The Store operative role is to book in, break down and sort the everyday parts that are distributed to us, Recycle our waste items from our field engineers each day, Replenish our picking warehouse, Plus other type of warehouse roles in other areas mostly carried out on a staff rota with 2 shifts Monday to Thursday 7:00 -15.30 Friday 7:00- 14:30 and Monday to Thursday 11:30 - 20.00 and Friday 11:00 - 19:00 alternating weekly.
Our warehouse and workshop is based in Bumpers Farms in Chippenham not far from our HQ in Malmesbury. Our secluded location is nearby the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Dyson began more than Twenty years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, its also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available.
There are over 1,200 of us in the UK and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
- Be methodical and ensure operating procedures for the stores are followed.
- Ensure all pick/ replenishment operations are in keeping with customer presentation needs.
- Ensure SAP system is updated and correct process is followed for each transaction
- To execute the receiving and despatching of stock to and from regions / technicians and customers
- Prepare parcels correctly and in time for collection by the varied couriers for distribution
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping of all operational areas and the stock held within them.
- Duties involve regular repetitive light, medium and sometimes heavy lifting.
- Some counterbalance and power pallet work
- Experience of working in a busy warehouse environment would be a benefit.
- You would require a counter balance truck license
- Experience using computers i.e. Word/Excel
- Dealing with stock control/movements/troubleshooting with in previous roles
- The role will include lifting as well as office duties
- Basic Numeracy and literacy skills
Dyson offers competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.