Our finance teams work hard to make sure we’re as smart with money as we are with machines. From financial control to commercial decision-making, finance teams play a crucial and varied role at Dyson. Dyson finance teams engineer our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning, to supporting investment in RDD, we help the global business perform as well as our technology. We’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Treasury activity of Dyson James Group Limited (the Group) is carried out by treasury teams in the UK and Singapore. The APAC Treasury Team is responsible for Cash Management, FX dealing, Cash forecasting and Treasury Projects including bank selection, new country setup and business support in Asia Pacific region. Treasury Manager’s role as a member of APAC Treasury team is to provide an effective and efficient day-to-day treasury operation for Dyson’s APAC Operations, while working very closely with the business.
Dyson is looking to expand aggressively to increase our footprint in the region. The Treasury Manager needs to develop a very good understanding of the business and upcoming plans in order to identify their impact, provide sound advice and drive the changes through business where required. The individual needs to be confident in engaging multiple stakeholder groups, managing banking relationships, effectively decode complex banking regulations in Asia and driving actions through to completion.
- To manage existing banking relationships and set up new relationships when required.
- To implement and develop treasury operations in new markets in APAC for Dyson.
- To efficiently manage the cash and funding requirements for subsidiaries.
- To monitor and manage the day to day FX exposure in line with Dyson policy.
- To manage the monthly intercompany netting and in-house loan programme.
- To work on the preparation of the monthly consolidated SEA cash flow forecast.
- To work closely with commercial teams to analyze underlying FX exposure and collaborate on FX related discussions with suppliers.
- To deliver improvement to Dyson’s treasury systems and processes.
- To work effectively with Treasury Back Office to maintain and enhance the control environment.
- To prepare papers for the monthly committee meetings.
- Degree / Diploma in Business, Finance or equivalent. MBA is preferred but not necessary.
- At least 5-6 years’ of solid treasury experience managing multiple countries in APAC.
- This role is challenging and requires a strong intellect with strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Team player, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Strong communicator and influencer who is commercially minded and able to approach and challenge colleagues and external professionals to seek out and understand the issues, energetic and engaging with a positive approach.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner.