SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
DescriptionDyson offers a unique opportunity for a talented and experienced Technology Scout in Singapore.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Dyson products strive to be at the leading edge of technology. Through unique strategic partnerships with global top universities and leading businesses, we gain foresight of up and coming technologies. The Research team aims to exploit this knowledge to design state-of-the-art products allowing us to differentiate our products from the competition and be ahead of the times. Dyson is expanding into several new and exciting product categories and is positioning itself as a technology company, confirmed by the release of the 360 Eye robotic vacuum cleaner and recent acquisition of Sakti3 a solid state battery technology company. Successful applicants for this role will be part of the team driving these products and others forward.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
AccountabilitiesReporting to the Director, Head of Technology Scouting and Head of External Research, you will join a team of global scouts responsible for identifying, evaluating and investing in external technologies to enhance our innovative approaches to making things that work better.
A successful applicant will be expected to develop a strong network in Singapore and India with local Entrepreneurs, Venture Capital, and Universities. They will develop good rapport with not only external organizations but with the internal research and development teams maintaining a clear understanding of their needs. The applicant must have excellent written and verbal English skills and must be familiar with developing proposals for executive considerations.
- MSc or MA degree
- Broad knowledge and enthusiasm for science and technology
- Experience in building business cases and project proposals
- Ability to identify technology matches and researching associated information
- Experience in dealing with intellectual property and contract negotiations
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Assist in the personal development of junior team members
- The ability to take a leadership position within a project with little direction
- Good analytical ability and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner
- Excellent team working skills
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.