Senior Technical Analyst
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Free Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for driving and delivering a range of improvements within the RDD Optimisation Team. The improvements are directly related to the Core Design Processes – Spec Management, Systems Engineering, and Risk & Issue Management, or to the closely coupled processes of Verification & Change Management.
Responsible for scoping, planning and delivery of multiple projects across a range of levels – from small scale continuous improvement activities, up to working with Process Leads & Owners on future strategies to unlock potential of global RDD
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewDyson product development is dynamic and innovative. Our products are built to last, as well as perform. To achieve this in fast paced consumer markets, we need to focus on both the efficiency and quality of our product development processes. We work with representatives from global teams across the company to relentlessly improve everything we do. And with so many new product categories on the way, our Global RDD Optimisation Team needs to be more effective than ever. This team plays a vital role in supporting Dyson’s future technology and vision. This Technical Electronics role within the team is critical in changing Dyson’s mechanically bias processes so we can become a technology driven product development company.
Process Owner & Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Identifying and assessing improvement areas & future strategy within the processes we own.
- Ensuring that the processes and solutions meet the global requirements of the business.
- Incorporating industry leading practices into the tools, processes, and/or systems as appropriate.
- Leading scoping and delivery of Optimisation activities using process improvement tools and engineering knowledge.
- Conducting project management for Optimisation activities, including stakeholder, risk and change management responsibilities.
- Leading process design workshops/activities with relevant senior sponsors, end user and IT representatives.
- Conducting pilots to refine any planned updates to tools, processes or systems.
- Delivering deployment activities for any process and/or system changes.
- Capable of managing and developing direct reports.
- Working with the Business Intelligence team to capture and analyse KPIs that assess process performance & adherence.
- Capturing and communicating benefits delivered by Optimisation activities.
User Support & Training:
- Working with the Technical Training team, to develop and support delivery of training related to Optimisation activities.
- Providing end user support to maximise business adoption of deployed tools, processes and systems.
- Collaborating closely with other team members to share good practice and represent the wider business processes that the Optimisation team supports.
Background & Experience:
- Demonstrable engineering experience in either a mechanical or electronics (either Hardware, Software or Connected) engineering role with hands-on-experience of at least three of the following core processes:
- Specification Management
- System Engineering
- DFMEA & Risk Management
- Bug & Issue Management
- Release and Change Management
- Verification & Validation Managemen
- Understanding and experience of consumer product development process
- Desirable to have experience/qualification in Lean and / or Agile methodologies, specifically applied within engineering product development environment
- Desirable to have a track record of implemented process changes within engineering working practices and systems
- Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong project management, planning and time management skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply – at all levels
- Quick learner with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Interest in how business works and desire to improve our performance
- Thrives on change
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels
- Good attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven