Manufacturing Team Leader / Principle Engineer
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Team Lead/Principle Engineer to lead team of Manufacturing Engineers responsible for translating product requirements into specifications for production equipment and tester. The role will require someone to work with contract manufacturers to layout, setup and qualify new product production line.
It is important that you want to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment to deliver optimal solutions by developing manufacturing process flow and assembly process for new products.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson Operations ensure every market has full product availability – requiring meticulous strategic planning. Working with Dyson HQ, global markets, manufacturers and logistics providers, the team coordinates launch timetables, sales forecasts and stock-flow around the world. Every day brings new challenges. A country’s exchange rate can suddenly affect demand. Strikes, delays, legal challenges all have an impact. It makes the team one of the most dynamic in the business. And with more direct sales planned to drive growth, meeting complex customer demands has become another exciting challenge.
- Be a critical member of the team providing input from Manufacturing / Operations standpoint.
- Driver for DFM and DFX to ensure product can be manufactured to the highest quality levels.
- Create process flows tied to PFMEA to ensure checks and balances are in place.
- Select and prove assembly methods via Proof of Principle machines.
- Generate user requirement specification/ equipment requirement specification.
- Work with suppliers to conduct Equipment FMEA to deliver solutions that are robust.
- Establish process validation protocols and work with supplier and CM to commission and validate the production equipment.
- Run experiments to define process margins using DOE.
- Setup process monitoring in line with quality expectations; using key tools like SPC.
- Maintain communication and status update to stakeholders.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis of product failures.
- Process optimization through breakthrough engineering solutions.
- At least possess Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Must have strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing production test/assembly method.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- 8 years+ of relevant experience in design and fabrication of automated or semi-automated production equipment.
- 5 years+ of relevant experience working within a regulated environment.
- Experience with High Volume Automation.
- Has operated in an out sourced environment; understanding the challenges and pit falls.
- Process Control design and implementation.
- Statistical tools application (Minitab).
- Familiar with the rigor of NPI phases and milestones.