Talent and Development Partner (maternity cover)
This is a fixed term contract role for maternity cover.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
This is an exciting time to join Dyson. The SEA region has a rapidly growing business and a rapidly growing HR team with a remit for change. We have a lot of work to do but you will be joining a group of passionate and ambitious HR professionals who are working hard to attract, retain and develop great people who are passionate about Dyson. The team supports Dyson’s people and businesses in realizing their potential, and HR is a key partner in supporting that mission. The SEA HR team is committed to driving the people agenda and developing great talent within the business and is committed to creating and maintaining an environment where great people can do their best work. Success will depend on great collaboration with business stakeholders and the other HR Team members, within the SEA Region and our global HR teams, to achieve an integrated & consistent HR Service.
What we need you to do...
- Identify talent development needs across our business and identify employee skill gaps, determine appropriate learning solutions, and establish learning goals and objectives that are tied to key business outcomes
- Plan learning activities to meet development needs identified through PDP and wider organisational strategy
- Monitor progress against the Talent Management strategy ensuring that staff and resources are effectively allocated and deployed, and that budget is managed effectively
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to ensure the efficiency of talent development activities
- Ensure that policies, programmes and processes are developed, implemented, communicated and consistently administered in compliance with organisational objective as well as local needs and requirements
- Collaborate with HR on process and overall delivery of Induction – using other key business presenters as appropriate
- Coordinate with UK on key global processes and provide feedback on local issues
- Identify L&D providers and procure services in line with Company Policy
- Recommend solutions for performance related issues and provide on-going support as appropriate
- Support business initiatives through participating in multi-function project teams as required
- Support and deliver implementation of key development initiatives using various methods such as workshops, meetings, and individual coaching
You should ideally have
- Average 5 years of relevant experience in Learning and Development
- Strong presentation and public speaking abilities
- Strong verbal, listening, written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to manage & deliver through virtual &/or project teams
- Good standard of PC literacy, comfortable with technology
- Some experience in Talent Management an advantage
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.