Talent & Development Manager, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionAs the Talent and Development Manager you will be part of making the organisation vision become a reality where all employees are delivering on maximizing Dyson technology, achieving operational excellence, supporting Dyson people as they grow and diversify and developing Dyson’s reputation as an employer of choice. You will have a track record of turning vision into deliverable action plans.
This position provides a great opportunity for a learning and development professional to be part of Dyson’s Talent team in South East Asia (SEA) Region. Reporting to the Regional Talent and Development Lead, this role will manage talent, learning and development activity for Dyson Philippines.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
This is an exciting time to join Dyson. The SEA region has a rapidly growing business and a rapidly growing HR team with a remit for change. We have a lot of work to do but you will be joining a group of passionate and ambitious HR professionals who are working hard to attract, retain and develop great people who are passionate about Dyson.
The team supports Dyson’s people and businesses in realizing their potential, and HR is a key partner in supporting that mission. The SEA HR team is committed to driving the people agenda and developing great talent within the business and is committed to creating and maintaining an environment where great people can do their best work. Success will depend on great collaboration with business stakeholders and the other HR Team members, both within the Philippines’s Team, within the SEA Region and our global HR teams, to achieve an integrated & consistent HR Service.
AccountabilitiesReporting directly to the Regional Talent and Development Lead and collaborating with HR Business Partners, the role is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Serve as a primary point of contact on all employee training and development projects, programs and initiatives for Dyson Philippines
- Identifying training and development needs in a rapidly growing part of the Dyson business , determining appropriate learning solutions, and establish learning goals and objectives that are tied to key business outcomes.
- Lead the development and planning of a programme of learning activities required to meet business and individual development needs, that positions Dyson as an Employer of choice in the Philippines (linked to Dyson global programmes)
- Manage the talent review process locally, identifying and supporting key talent within the Philippines
- Manage local induction programme and collaborate with HR on the process and the overall delivery of the Induction – using other key business leaders as appropriate.
- Facilitate manager’s development through training interventions such as workshops and individual coaching, managerial excellence programme
- Work closely with leaders and HR to ensure that policies, programmes and processes are developed, implemented, communicated and consistently administered in compliance with Dyson’s global approach as well as local needs and requirements. This will involve contextualizing Dyson global training programmes and material to local needs
- Ensuring knowledge on local legislation impacting the organisations training obligations is kept up to date and ensuring that statutory training requirements are met.
- Ensuring that training records are kept and documented in compliance with organizational and local requirements.
- Identifying appropriate local Training Providers and procuring their services in line with Company Policy.
- Recommending solutions for performance related issues and provide on-going support as appropriate.
- Support and deliver company’s implementation of global development initiatives using various methods such as workshops, meetings, and individual coaching, participating in multi-function project teams as required.
- Report and monitor progress against the Talent Management strategy ensuring that employees and resources are effectively allocated and deployed, and that the budget is managed effectively
- Continuously seek and
support new & innovative approaches, practices and processes to
ensure the efficiency of learning and development activities.
SkillsQualifications and experience :
- Degree level from an accredited college
- Average 5 years of relevant training experience, some of which must have been in the Philippines
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills & written communication
- Credibility and gravitas - ability to build strong, influential relationships with senior stakeholders
- Learning and development expertise – needs analysis, programme development and delivery (behavioural & ideally technical ) using creative approaches
- Experience of coaching, facilitation and presentation at manager/ senior manager level
- Resourceful and resilient
- Project and program management skills
- Ability to manage & deliver through virtual &/or project teams
- Collaborative team player
- Intelligent problem solver
- Comfortable challenging ‘status quo’
- Good standard of PC literacy, comfortable with technology
- Proficiency in English required
- Knowledge & experience in Hi-Tech, Engineering sectors
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S techniques
- Familiarity with Health and Safety principles
- Proficiency in Tagalog