£30,000 - £40,0000 + bonus, 27 days holiday, pension, free onsite gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
The group finance systems team are responsible for managing the group reporting system and SAP finance-related metadata. The systems accountant is a key role within this team bridging the gap between understanding the needs of the finance community and the capabilities of the group reporting system. Following the recent implementation of OneStream XF, the systems accountant will be responsible for delivering enhancements to the platform to ensure the group reporting team and international markets benefit from a best in class finance reporting system.
The systems accountant will be equally comfortable working with non-technical users to understand issues/requirements as they are getting hands on with the system to develop effective solutions. The individual will also be required to support the user community, particularly at key reporting times.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewOur Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- First line support for queries relating to the group consolidation system (OneStream) providing ad-hoc training/support as required
- Identify and implement changes/improvements to the OneStream system
- Work closely with finance users to gather clear requirements. Liaise with IT as appropriate to manage upstream change.
- Take a hand-on/proactive approach to developing solutions in the system.
- Assist in developing a robust change control process around OneStream.
- Qualified Accountant or studying towards qualification
- Experience with consolidation systems (Desirable) or multi-dimensional finance systems
- Good IT Skills (SAP, MS Office)
- Inquisitive mind with good problem solving skills
We are also happy to consider someone that is actively trying to get into this area of Finance and doesn't have the proven systems experience. If you want something new and different and are excited about working with brand new software, this would be a great role for you.
The successful candidate will demonstrate they are interested in learning and can ask the right questions. Alligned with the true Dyson DNA, you must show that you are true problem solver.