Solution Architect – Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionThe Business Excellence team helps & supports the Global Manufacturing team by identifying and leading process improvements projects.
As a Business Intelligent Analyst, you will be asked to propose, create and update innovative solutions to help the various initiatives.
You will need to be proactive, innovative and professional and will be based in Philippine but may liaise with Malaysia / Singapore / UK and overseas office.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
Function OverviewThe key objective is to align data analytics with business objectives. You will need to understand the supply chain and the business processes in other areas within Dyson. From this knowledge, you will need to work with multiple business stakeholders to interact with and gather data from various Dyson systems. After collecting data, pre-processing is an essential responsibility in this process of extracting business insights. With the data ready to be analysed, you need to tackle the data problems holistically, in the sense that multiple models and different algorithms with various parameters are to be tried out and weighted to find out the best solution. You will be responsible for the design and development of analytical models to support Dyson operations or implement changes. You will conceptualise and build solutions to make the changes a permanent success.
Furthermore, Dyson aims to increase its operational efficiency and change to adapt to its fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. One of the key challenges to the job is to attract business interest in utilizing the data analytics and insights to make changes and improvements. This task focuses on the success of change implementation within the organizations. Hence, you will need to prepare thoroughly for presenting your ideas to various business stakeholders and convince them of your findings. Make them understand a problem or an opportunity and get them to be involved in your effort to apply data analytics to the problem. Machine learning, deep learning, data mining or advanced analytics often requires technical knowledge and statistical expertise. Presenting such topic to business people hence needs your emphasis on simplification and clarity.
AccountabilitiesThe Business Excellence Team is growing and has three focus areas:
- Operation Transformation: Enabling engineers to work more efficiently and improve the quality of our products through best practice use of the Dyson knowledge base and effective tools and techniques
- Lean - Process Improvement: Applying process improvement methodologies to identify and design opportunities to make Operations & Business Processes lean and fit for purpose
- Systems Improvement: Getting into the detail of what drives consistency and speed in development through our systems in the most efficient and reliable way
As a Business Intelligent Analyst, you will be part of the Systems Improvement team. Your key responsibilities could be (but are not limited to):
- Gather user requirements through user requirements, analyzing data, current systems and business practice.
- Deliver reporting requests and dashboard according to business priority, within the agreed timeline, budget, and user’s expectation.
- Anticipate and highlight business risks in the implementation of new/modified automation to end users
- Explore and evaluate possibilities of deploying report automation to enhance business efficiency.
- Manage reporting needs and expectation of the senior officers.
- Discuss technical design for complex report requests with team members to obtain optimum reports
- Ensure all scheduled reports are delivered timely.
- Demonstrated experience in Networking/Database Administration and Server Administration
- Knowledge in MES (Manufacturing Execution System), Hydra MES
- Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Mathematics or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or Management or Economics.
- Data Visualization via Tableau
- Large relational databases and SQL Programming.
- Sound knowledge in Advance Analytic and Statically dashboards
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Access based VBA development is a must.
- Programming languages VBA , VB.net , ASPX.Net ,C, C++,C#, Java or other
- Web development (Html 5, ASPX.net , PHP, JAVA , CSS, Photoshop), IIS7 and Apache Web Server
- SAP BW & Business Object Knowledge & Skill
- SharePoint Knowledge
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT, especially in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence support, project management and implementations
- Familiar with SDLC methodology and project implementation methodology.
- Good knowledge in MS SQL (Enterprise and Analysis), OLAP Cubes, ETL Technology
- SAP Knowledge in MM, PP, APO, and SCM added Advantage
- Knowledge of RDBMS and Window Shell scripting.