Software Test Engineer
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
We are looking to grow our software test capability here in Dyson, but we are choosing to do this in a different way. We are looking to recruit software developers to help build an automated testing framework using whatever tools and techniques they choose, but with one goal – automate everything!
This is a software developer test role within the Intelligent Platform software group, you will be part of a successful software test team that will support the test and integration of Dyson’s Intelligent Platform into world changing products. You will be capable of developing automated test frameworks and specifications to test our platforms efficiently, and align with other testing teams to help develop automated testing strategies and frameworks.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. In 2017 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewIn the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
• Develop automated software test frameworks and test cases in alignment with other test teams to test software and system level requirements.
• Liaise with all other software development teams to ensure success and resolve test issues early on.
• Use testing to prove out integration of software components, provide regression and sanity test capability, and log problems or issues within a defect tracking tool.
• Include testing early by engaging with development of software architectures upfront.
• Extensive experience of software testing within the real-time embedded software development domain
• Experience in high level programming and scripting languages including: C/C++ and Python
• Experience and knowledge of SW verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
• Experience in automation of software testing strategies
• Robustness, corner case, black box, and white box testing experience
• Agile (Scrum) experience and project management experience
• Demonstrable experience in deploying automated test strategies