Software Test Analyst
Competitive, 27 days holiday, bonus, pension and on site gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe’re looking for an Agile Test Engineer to join our Mobile and Cloud development team in Malmesbury. The successful candidate is a technical tester who values shipping quality builds on a regular basis. Ideally, you are also able to contribute to a growing test automation code-base and toolchain.
Market OverviewIn May 2016 Dyson launched its second connected product, the Dyson Pure Cool Link, which joins our existing 360 Eye robot vacuum cleaner with its companion eco-system, Dyson Link. Dyson Link is our IoT solution to enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment. It includes the key components required to create an exciting connected product experience, from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services (mobile app backend, firmware upgrade management, message routing/remote product control, analytics and responsive scaling).
Function OverviewThis team will focus on development of apps and services to support our growing and innovative range of connected products. We are looking for to recruit across a wide range of skill sets within Mobile Application/Connectivity; including Mobile Application Development, UX/UI Designers, Solution Architects, Tech Leads, Project Management, Testing/Quality and Leadership roles to research, design and create mobile applications which will transform the way customers interact with future Dyson products.
You can swiftly spot weaknesses in a system made of many moving parts; you’re up to date with what’s changed in the latest Android or iOS releases and understand their impact. You can also proactively write code to extend a test framework and automate tests to ensure bugs don’t surface again.
You’ll be working to create a world class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside a formidable team of fellow engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Keep up with an Agile development team, formulating verification tasks for stories but also understanding the big picture for the week ahead. Provide critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature.
- Perform exploratory testing, being able to de-construct the interactions between apps, products and a micro-service oriented cloud platform to find weak spots.
- Implementing automation scripts, contributing to test suites and UI automation written in either of Ruby (Calabash), Node.js or C#.
- Spot where automation can help and add capabilities to in-house crafted emulators and diagnostics tools to make future testing easier.
- Discover and reproduce bugs, documenting them in our JIRA project.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with project managers, internal customers and developers to prioritise defects/bugs on live projects and regular releases.
- Exposure to Xcode, Android Studio or Java / .Net development environment
- Proficient, or interested in, open source test frameworks like Cucumber and Calabash and programming in Ruby, Node.js or C#.
- Ability to map faults/issues to the overall technical architecture of our cloud based services, apps and products.
- Experience of and/or interest in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile methodologies.
- Help drive our approach to QA and keep learning about best practice across the industry
- Experience of creating test frameworks and pragmatic strategies, assessing automated testing tools and creating test methods.
- Familiarity with automated build/deployment of mobile app builds, HockeyApp or Test Flight.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, MQTT, Amazon Device Farm/Xamarin Cloud or similar and connected embedded systems.