Software Test Automation Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs, with Dyson software engineers already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation. We are looking for Software Test Automation Engineer to ensure the Products software represent the quality and reliability of Dyson, and can correctly respond when controlled by an external device like a Mobile App or Cloud server.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. In 2017 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewIn the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
We work in a supportive environment where the team is embracing new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across a variety of products. You must be aware of SW verification methodologies and techniques, with a background in automation of testing for embedded products.
- Review Requirements and talk to Testers to understand Test Automation potential
- Design Test Rigs allowing Unattended Automated Software Testing around a PCB/Wi-Fi or complete product
- Use Simulators to replace hardware components and provide controlled data for testing
- Automate Software Testing using Python or Wi-Fi, from Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar
- Aware of Bamboo/Jenkins to start remote Test Execution in a lab
- Maintain Test Rigs, reporting Test Results Automatically per Agile Sprint and Software Release
- Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for new technologies
- Use of scripting languages and tools for test scripts, post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Verification experience of Products written in C/C++/Python
- Experience of using scripting languages Python, or Labview/Matlab for controlled testing
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
- Experience of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.