Software Team Lead
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Be updated on the latest application and embedded software techniques, strategies, tools and so on.
Be responsible for the management and technical oversight of a team of behavioural software engineers.
Work with design manager, electronics project manager, product software owner, other software team leads, software tech leads, software manager to estimate the behavioural software effort and create schedules of behavioural module delivery.
Have the ability to quickly understand the requirements, scope the required software modules, and provide technical leadership for behavioural software team.
Identify the training requirements of the behavioural software.
Involve in behavioural software engineers recruitment.
Report behavioural software progress to software manager.
- Bachelor, Master or PhD Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ year industry experience in the software field.
- Proven leadership (managed direct reports) and problem solving ability.
- Familiar with C / C++ / Phyton
- Experience with full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Agile software development process.
- Experience with requirement definition, architecture design, development and debug, software testing, especially in embedded software area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across multiple product deliverables and manage multiple schedules.