Software Engineer – R&D Prototyping
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson's Research Engineer will rapidly develop prototypes as part of the Connectivity Research Team. You will work in an innovative and fast paced environment, analysing technology trends.
Market OverviewDyson is a fast paced environment with high demands on quality and novel innovation. It is known for its fresh approach to Design. The successful candidate needs to thrive under pressure and be able to deftly juggle priorities and flex to the dynamic and agile environment that comes with this creative setting.
Function OverviewThe Connectivity Research Team investigate, prototype and refine new technologies relevant to future Dyson products. Working at the Dyson HQ in Malmesbury or in Bristol City Centre you will have a direct impact on future Dyson products. Additionally, Dyson products will need to operate in a wider connected environment requiring interoperability to be explored and evolved.
You will be researching and prototyping relevant cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with experts from different areas of RDD (Research, Design & Development) to demonstrate the technologies and consider whether they can be woven deeply into our future products. You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem solving skills. It is essential that you are comfortable rapidly picking up new technologies and have a thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision.
- Rapid development of proof of concept prototypes
- Experiment with new technologies to evaluate their performance and effectiveness
- Build prototypes that connect to and integrate with Dyson products
- Research, understand and explain underlying connectivity technologies
- Develop against cloud APIs and 3rd party libraries
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Adaptable engineer able to pick up new technologies and software languages quickly
- Self-motivated with a knowledge of and passion for technology trends and emerging technologies
- Capable of rapidly developing research prototypes
- Preferably with experience developing for either iOS or Android
- Experience working with connectivity technologies beneficial – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience working with sensors and sensor data beneficial