Service Workshop Technician
Chippenham, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Service Workshop Technician role is responsible for completing in-house repairs to re-conditioned machines and those returned from our retail customers. Our warehouse and workshop is based in Bumpers Farm, Chippenham not far from our HQ in Malmesbury. Our secluded location is nearby the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Market OverviewToday, there are Dyson machines in over 65 countries around the world. Dyson has grown from one man and one idea to a technology company with over 1,000 engineers worldwide. But it doesn’t stand still. At its core is an ever-growing team of engineers and scientists. More ideas, more invention.
GB&I Service workshop department is made up of two elements; RTB (Return to Base) and Refurbishment. RTB team are responsible with in-house repair to customer machines to support Field Service Engineers. Refurbishment team, who are responsible to re–condition those returned machines from our retail customers proficiently and to the highest standard.
- Be methodical and ensure operating procedures for the workshop are followed.
- Provide a high level of professional customer service
- Deliver high quality service to all Dyson customers and support to other team member activities
- Well organized and focused
- Be able to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Prepares work to be completed by gathering parts, tools and materials to complete their task
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and rules
- Complete all documentation associated within the role accurately and timely manner
- Perform any other related duties as directed
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping of all operational areas and the stock held within them.
Experience of working in a busy workshop and warehouse enviornment
- Enthusiastic and postive attitude
- Self motivated and ambitious
- Experience in the use of hand/power tools
- Computer literate i.e. Word/Excel
- Relevant experience i.e. stock control/movements/troubleshooting
- Duties that will include lifting/office work
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Use of SAP is an advantage