Senior iOS Research Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionRapidly build iOS prototypes as part of the Connectivity Research Team to demonstrate and prove research concepts.
Market OverviewDyson is a fast paced environment with high demands on quality and novel innovation. It is known for its fresh approach to Design. The successful candidate needs to thrive under pressure and be able to deftly juggle priorities and flex to the dynamic and agile environment that comes with this creative setting.
Function OverviewThe Connectivity Research Team are responsible for ensuring the next generation of connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined. This includes ensuring we investigate and utilise the right technologies, techniques, services and security. Additionally, Dyson products will need to operate in a wider connected environment requiring interoperability to be explored and evolved.
You will be collaborating with experts from different areas of RDD (Research, Design & Development), designing how connectivity is woven deeply into our future products. You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem solving skills. It is essential that you are comfortable rapidly picking up new technologies and have a thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision.
- Rapid development of proof of concept applications for iOS
- Researching underlying connectivity frameworks
- Build prototypes that connect to and integrate with Dyson products
- Collaborate with embedded software engineers to implement functionality
- Develop against cloud APIs and 3rd party libraries
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Strong background in iOS development (Swift, Objective C, X-Code)
- Experience working with connectivity technologies – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Experience with networking protocols and transports
- Experience working with camera and video on iOS beneficial
- Experience working with sensors and sensor data
- Capable of rapidly developing robust research prototypes
- Broad knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Methodical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Understanding of 3D graphics desirable
- Understanding and experience of security techniques also desirable