Thermal Analyst Engineer - 1D thermo fluids
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Through development and investment in new and exciting technologies, Dyson is expanding into new and varied product categories. To facilitate this we are broadening our expertise and growing our Engineering teams in both size and capability. We are currently recruiting a 1D CFD analytical specialist to work in the engineering team to support the generation and validation of design concepts.
The Thermal Engineer will be involved in the full range of thermal analysis, test and development activities required to assess the impact of the key thermal management areas of a full product from early product concept stage and be responsible for providing analytical oversight of key areas of the whole product thermal management solution for a new product.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
- Support design and development with 1D CFD analyses and testing of thermo dynamic phenomena.
- Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers and Engineers, taking on a role of responsibility for the assigned area from early concept stage.
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques.
- Conduct detailed testing and theoretical analysis of concepts to increase understanding and insight within the team.
- Develop test methodology and procedures with support of test team using current facilities and help to define and specify further equipment requirements.
- Liaise with other analysis and test teams to plan and perform experimental validations, comparing post-processed results with simulations and make informed design recommendations.
- Generation of proposals and reports.
Proven experience of modelling thermal system interactions using simulation packages (ideally 1D)
Ability to work within a cross-functional team and take a guiding role relating to thermal solutions development and problem solving to ensure delivery of robust production capable solutions.
A good working knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally
Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
Self-starter - ability to work independently and take on new challenges readily.
Excellent team-working skills.