Senior Test Technician - Filtration Lab
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
You will perform experiments to enable the delivery of research projects within a dedicated gas analysis lab. The role will require working within a cross functional team of scientists, technicians and engineers. You must be able to work logically and accurately in a fast paced environment.
Full training will be provided.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson, with over 2,500 people, including James himself, spending their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2017, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewThe technician team within Research at Dyson add value to the development process, proving designs and theories generated by the engineering team through experimental testing. Technicians will also work on continuous improvement of test methods and procedures across all areas of Research. These tests can vary, from proving something works through to making legal performance claims.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
As a Senior Test Technician, you will perform hands on analysis as well as day to day management of the laboratory. Your role will include:
- Setting up and performing experiments
- Record data accurately and communicate it clearly
- Train engineers and scientists to use equipment correctly
- Work with engineers and scientists to build new test rigs and develop test methods
- Carry out maintenance to the facilities and equipment including regular calibration and auditing
- Work safely within a chemistry lab, managing inventory and maintaining COSHH documentation
- Run continuous improvement in the laboratory
- Commission new equipment
- Proven experience running experiments
- Good practical skills with experience of setting up engineering or scientific equipment
- Clear logical thought process and a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proven teamworking ability to deliver shared goals
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Lab organisation to 5S standard
- Experience working with compressed gases
- Basic chemistry knowledge