Senior Test Engineer (Statistical Analysis)
Senai, JB, Malaysia
This position to support Tester Engineering Team to develop new test rig, automate current processes to deliver more effective and efficient outcomes. In generally this position will involve in both floor care and non-floor care activity to provide tester engineering solution to test team.
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Few people understand Dyson technology as intimately as our Technical Support team. Whether fixing old machines, building prototypes for new machines, or ensuring customers receive the right spare parts, passion is key. So when our service workshop refurbishes machines, it’s to such high a quality that we can resell them with new guarantees. And when we build prototypes – 15,000 last year alone – they’re so well finished that our engineers can test components and stress points in real life scenarios. Because like all Dyson engineers, we push the boundaries of performance and quality.
- To develop test rig to match with test requirement across the team.
- To analyse the actual test needs and develop test method that replicates the market failure.
- Continuously improve test capability in term of capacity, space and cost.
- Pro-actively involved in NPI and identify test rig requirement in order to support the project.
- Manage supplier capability towards test rig development.
- To identify the competency gap within internal and external facility on test rig development and improve further by identify the right counter-measures.
- Assist the team on developing automated process to improve current practices and outcomes.
- Able to provide technical inputs towards test rig qualification and preferably well-versed on Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Able to provide a good engineering solution towards technical issues that may arise during development of test methods.
- To comply with safety and health requirements at all time to ensure the lab personnel adhered to the same requirements.
- Lead and train the Technician / Senior Technician / Engineering Assistant / Assistant Engineer on test rig development process.
- To liaise with UK counterpart when required.
- Tertiary education in engineering preferably Mechatronic or Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. (mathematics or Statistical) with good field experience encouraged to apply
- Strong knowledge on control engineering
- Hands-on experience on test rig development
- good knowledge on statistical analysis, MSA and accelerated test
- Min 4 years experience under the same capacity.
- Min 1 years managing a team
- Strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing test methods to ensure that it is robust and accurate
- Self-starter with full of initiative to make the difference
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.