Senior Software Engineer – Embedded Media - Audio
£Competitive +27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
DescriptionAs part of Dysons expansion, we are opening vacancies for Software Development Engineers to work on challenging projects in our Embedded Media team. We work in a supportive environment, in a team which is constantly aiming to improve itself. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, and expresses a desire to create high-quality, voice control systems using both custom off the shelf libraries as well as developing bespoke templates, on a range of hardware platforms. You must be fluent in C/C++ programming languages and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, deployment, testing and debugging of graphics application code. Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewIn the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
- Drive Audio framework strategy through Electronics and NPI
- Analysis of high level user requirements into efficient audio capability.
- Prototype Audio solutions alongside NPI teams
- Develop or deploy tools to refine/reduce audio interface specification
- Implement Audio interface on consumer products within a real time embedded framework
- Implement voice control systems using both open source and 3rd party SDKs
- Support selection of processor families and associated tool chains.
- Strong background in real time embedded C/C++
- Java / Android experience would be beneficial
- Experience in debugging complex software problems, using both simple and complex investigation techniques, including Design of Experiments.
- Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
- Experience of software testing techniques.
- Experience developing native C++ cross platform libraries
- An evangelist for best practice in design, development, test & Agile development
- Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.
- You’ll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment