Senior / Software Automation Test Development Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Develop automation test platform to verify software products
- Develop automation test plans and test scripts, including functional and performance test scripts, continuously improve test efficiency
- Work directly with the software development engineers during the software development process. Apply the principles of the software development life cycle throughout the entire QA.
- Participate in product meetings throughout the development to help guide the delivery of a quality product.
- Fix the automation test scripts problems by following the defect tracking process
- Review and analyse software automation test requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity and testability.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Knowledge of Software automation test in embedded systems for Linux / RTOS / Firmware
- Knowledge of mobile app software automation with Android or IOS system
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, C, etc.
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Software development environment, such as Git, Stash
- Experience with version control systems and automated testing tools.
- Plus if familiar with Labview or other embedded software auto test tools.