Visualisation and Simulation Engineer for Robotics
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson's robotics team is growing - fast. We are looking for a Visualisation and Simulation Engineer to join our ambitious team in Malmesbury.
Market OverviewAdvanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 15 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But our Dyson 360 Eye™ robot is just the start. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent – able to understand environments and navigate with complex sensors and algorithms. There’s more to discover. The future is robotic. All Dyson products will be part of the internet of things. And our Robotics team is helping us to unveil this next generation.
Function OverviewJoin a growing team working to put useful robotic systems into the homes of the general public. We are looking for people to help us investigate robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in machine perception, actuation, or intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics reseach programme forward by generating high fidelity, real-time time visual and physical simulation tools and software. You will have a good understanding of the fundamentals of computer graphics and simulation as well as the ability to utilise open source software to quickly build novel tools. Successful candidates will be working in a multi disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
What you need to do
- Implement simulation software in C++/Python
- Gather requirements from and implement simulation tools for the Dyson robotics research team.
- Extend and improve open source simulation and visualisation tools that are used within the team.
- Participate in the wider robotics research programme by contributing ideas and working with other engineers to solve problems.
- Good understanding of high fidelity graphics and/or physics simulation software
- Knowledge of open graphics APIs and software: OpenGL, Vulkan, Blender
- Written plug ins for Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, Autodesk or similar
- Experience of physics simulation and software tools and libraries e.g. ROS, Gazebo, Bullet, PhysX, MapleSim
- Working knowledge of physically based rendering techniques
- Strong C++ Software Engineering background
- Self motivated and able to work in inter-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience working on robotics related simulation problems
- Experience of game engine implementation and related algorithms
- Ability to create and manipulate 3D Models and CAD experience
- Procedural modelling algorithms