Senior Retail Marketing Manager
£Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
The Retail Marketing Manager is responsible for leading all communication with the regional CoE team, making sure they are equipped with the information to perform in line with the retail vision and truly are an extension of the GRT, which is based in the Malmesbury head office.
The Global Retail Team (GRT) is responsible for creating a portfolio of retail systems for 3rd party retail as well as determining what Dyson direct retail looks like and how it should be run. The GRT works together with the regional Centres of Excellence (CoE’s) for the implementation and operation of Dyson retail in the markets.
Market OverviewOur future includes a 25 year product pipeline and 4 new product categories on schedule to launch in 2020 alone. Our Malmesbury HQ is set to double in size. As is our biggest market – the US. And we’re exploring new frontiers in South East Asia and beyond.
Function OverviewArmed with scientifically-proven product superiority and precision-engineered technology, our retail team have plenty to work with. They develop global retail strategy, bespoke displays for trusted retailers and global launch campaigns for new technology. When working in such a changing industry, you have to be a multitasking generalist – skilled at managing communications through words, image and 3D design as well pioneering new strategies to make Dyson’s technology shine above the competition. They don’t take the obvious route, striving to create new experiences, both in-store and online, which show off Dyson technology at its best.
- Establish and maintain frequent and clear communication with the Go-to-Market (GTM) Manager in the Centre of Excellence, making sure they have all tools available to manage their markets and influence the regional retail strategy.
- Work with the GTM Manager on market briefs, questioning if they fit the strategy and negotiate to adjust if needed and ensure they have all detail required for the GRT to work on them.
- Work on Commercial team briefs covering new product launches and campaigns, getting early visibility of the nature of the product or campaign, (distribution) strategy, marketing activity etc. to determine the right approach for retail and identify deliverables.
- Be an expert on the Commercial new product launch process regardless of the category. Should be able to provide support on this for other team members when required.
- Work on internal GRT briefs relating to new retail systems, system updates or other requests, considering market, brand and commercial factors to deliver the best possible solution.
- Take on the bulk of retail portfolio development and change management. Be an expert on the process and support other team members if needed.
- Work on Executive Team briefs, giving them the priority and urgency they need whilst using resource smartly and being mindful of the possible impact on other projects. Being able to assess impact on a global level.
- Own all of the above briefs from beginning to end, managing different teams and stakeholders to deliver according to the brief in a timely manner.
- Along with key functional stakeholders, own, drive and deliver retail projects that are suitably planned, governed, resourced and managed, working collaboratively in function and across teams, resolving day to day challenges.
- Mitigate and escalate issues where necessary to senior management. Maintain and update resource and status reports to ensure effective project governance and upward reporting.
- Be proactive and an expert in the process of the change management and new development of the retail systems, keeping them up-to-date, effective and efficient.
- Work with the GTM Manager in the CoE to align the retail marketing calendars of the Dyson Demo’s in the designated region, overseeing they are executed accordingly.
- When applicable, manage and develop intern or graduate team member so that they can perform on a high level and add value to the team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject ideally
- Previous experience in a similar or project management role
- Ideally gained experience within an FMCG or consumer focused company
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Super-organised and able to run multiple projects at one time, learn quickly and be adaptable.
- Some International travel will be required