Senior IoT Security Researcher
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe're about better ideas and better technologies. You will focus on Research into IoT Security as part of the Connectivity Research Team At Dyson HQ.
Market OverviewDyson is a fast paced environment with high demands on quality and novel innovation. It is known for its fresh approach to Design. The successful candidate needs to thrive under pressure and be able to deftly juggle priorities and flex to the dynamic and agile environment that comes with this creative setting.
Function OverviewThe Connectivity Research Team are responsible for ensuring the next generation of connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined. This includes ensuring we investigate and utilise the right technologies, techniques, services and security. Additionally, Dyson products will need to operate in a wider connected environment requiring interoperability to be explored and evolved.
You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem solving skills. It is essential that you are comfortable rapidly picking up new technologies and have a thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision.
- Research into existing and new security technologies.
- Provide security advice and assurance throughout the product development lifecycle and design reviews.
- Performing targeted application vulnerability assessments, and ethical hacking across systems.
- Drive continuous improvement in application/product security and champion changes to the organisation to be able to respond to new threats.
- Lead projects that involve security focused changes to our application architecture
- Ensure we are aligning with industry recognised Standards and emerging IoT Standards and reference designs.
This role requires both in-depth technical understanding of the underlying technologies we utilise, and a keenness to deliver research into a larger, highly motivated team to deliver world-class solutions. We would expect the following key competencies:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Information Security, other related subject or equivalent experience.
- Strong Experience with IoT and Cloud connectivity and related security techniques
- Expert knowledge of security methodology and frameworks.
- Experience of orchestrating Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments and Risk Assessments using best practice risk management methodologies
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel.