Senior Augmented Reality Research Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe're about better ideas and better technologies. You will focus on Research into Augmented and Mixed reality prototypes as part of the Connectivity Research Team At Dyson HQ.
Market OverviewDyson is a fast paced environment with high demands on quality and novel innovation. It is known for its fresh approach to Design. The successful candidate needs to thrive under pressure and be able to deftly juggle priorities and flex to the dynamic and agile environment that comes with this creative setting.
Function OverviewThe Connectivity Research Team are responsible for ensuring the next generation of connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined. This includes ensuring we investigate and utilise the right technologies, techniques, services and security. Additionally, Dyson products will need to operate in a wider connected environment requiring interoperability to be explored and evolved.
You must be independent and methodical with excellent problem solving skills. It is essential that you are comfortable rapidly picking up new technologies and have a thirst to overcome problems and limitations in order to reach our vision.
- Researching and applying relevant technologies
- Selection and use of appropriate tools for building AR/MR prototypes
- Development of proof of concept AR/MR applications
- Collaboration with embedded software engineers to implement and integrate AR/MR applications with products
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Strong background in 3D graphics, scripting, textures, shaders and animation
- Experience of user interaction in AR/VR applications
- Experience working with Virtual and Augmented Reality. Mixed Reality experience beneficial
- Computer vision, object recognition and spatial mapping experience also beneficial
- Capable of rapidly developing robust research prototypes
- Broad knowledge of the VR/AR/MR landscape and emerging technologies
- Passionate about developing innovative and ground-breaking user experiences