Senior Electronics Design Quality Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThis is not a traditional QA role relating directly to manufacturing, but to quality product development particularly in Electronics and Firmware. As the Senior TQM Engineer, you will support product development, but be independent.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewDyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
- Leading a programme of initiatives to drive improvement in Electronics Design for Quality, Reliability, and Manufacturability
- Evaluate and propose improvement in the robustness of design and design review process, design verification, and the manufacturing release process.
- Focused on hardware, the role will have a significant embedded firmware component. Familiarity with the software design process would also be a benefit.
- Facilitating Lessons Learned documentation and review of improvement opportunities with Product Development teams. Driving continuous improvement will be an important part of the position.
- Lead teams in executing DFMEA and Risk Assessment
- Conduct evaluations, including design of experiments and reliability studies, when necessary, to verify that products and/or processes comply with the requirements of applicable specifications such as design, marketing, test and quality system requirements; and be able to apply statistical methods to products and processes to monitor trends and contribute to the implementation of continuous improvement programs.
- You must be hands on and able to investigate and support investigation into in-house and field failures for root causes, requesting corrective action where appropriate from the responsible functions or departments
- Represent the QA department on project and other cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering
- Demonstrable and extensive experience in electronics engineering
- Electronics design or design quality background
- Solid background in the principles of Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of the ISO 9000/TS16949/ISO13485 Standards and be capable of developing and auditing procedures that comply with the Standards.
- Familiar with quality processes and tools such as APQP, Control Plans, MSA, FMEA etc.