Senior Project Manager
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Dyson Senior Project Manager is a talented delivery expert that is known for strong leadership, problem solving and complex project delivery. They manage large tactical projects or multimillion pound strategic projects and uphold the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management. They are accountable for leading and managing all aspects of the project (both business and technical) required to deliver the business outcome. Dyson is looking for both Agile (DSDM or similar) and Waterfall (PRINCE2) Project Managers; the ideal candidate with have the agility to practice both depending on the project.
Market OverviewTucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,000 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the Digital team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
Function OverviewSpanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support and the front and back office technology that makes Dyson work, it is the nerve centre of Dyson. The team spans many specialities from Technical to Business Analysis and Testing. Crucially, as we look to drive future growth by increasing direct sales, dyson.com becomes our most vital global sales channel. Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability.
- Ensures their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
- Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
- Work with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT.
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Work with Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management to negotiate robust and cost effective contracts with SI and digital agencies.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
- Produce project highlight reports
- Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification Budget and financials
- Create quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Creates detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
- Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables.
Skills• Good experience of IT project management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
• A proven record in delivery.
• In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
• Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
• Experience of delivering complex projects with budgets in excess of £2m.
• Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations..
• Business change management / communication planning.
• Budget management and financial reporting.
• Business case development and benefit realisation.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
• Transformation of Direct and Indirect Procurement functions
• Bill of Materials management
• SAP Ariba or other cloud-based, procure-to-pay software