Senior Product Performance Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson is a technology company which is forever innovating and looking to develop new and exciting products. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, which is carried out 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Dyson so people can get products that work better.
As part of the Dyson Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
- Liaise with research, project and marketing teams to identify and develop new and existing methods to assess and improve our designs & technologies.
- Specify, design, build and develop test rigs & facilities alongside test rig architects to enable the required testing.
- Maintain good communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test facilities to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
- Work with test engineers and technicians for detailed development of test method processes & equipment.
- Work with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan performance test requirements.
- Review test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate).
- Present results, conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal team.
Degree qualified in a relevant engineering, maths or science discipline.
Experience of developing and running test processes and data analysis. With an understanding of standard test procedures and equipment.
Experience in undertaking statistical analysis of measurement systems.
Great organisational skills: able to plan ahead; prioritise tasks and co-ordinate the work of others.
Great analytical and problem solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
Great communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
Able to make design recommendations from experimental results.
Hands-on attitude to develop and iterate test processes.
LabVIEW system development.
Sensor selection, instrumentation and data acquisition.
Experience in computer programming.
Experience in designing and building mechanical systems.