Senior Product Insights Analyst
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
DescriptionYou will utilise and build multiple diverse sources of data to illustrate and inform on the current view of consumer perception across all current and future Dyson markets related to a specific product category. Through the creation of credible evidence, from both proactive and reactive research and analysis, you will comment on and influence product development, ensuring excellence in consumer satisfaction across a diverse development portfolio.
Dyson OverviewWhy put up with vacuum bags that diminish suction? Why labour drying hands with slow, energy-hungry machines? Why should fans use blades or lightbulbs fail so fast? There’s always a better way. And at Dyson, our mission is to find it. Solving old problems with new thinking, to invent machines that work better. But innovation isn’t easy. Our engineers experiment relentlessly, persevere through failure, and search for answers in unlikely places. And, to put the technology they invent into our owners’ hands, Dyson commercial people do exactly the same. Defying convention. From source, to shop.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewRecently established, and already proving crucial, the Insight Function within the Global Quality team offers considerable scope for an individual eager for personal growth and wanting to assist in evolving and developing a team in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment. Focused on a specific product category the Senior Product Insight Analyst is responsible for the provision of actionable insight to directly support the development of future product from concept to market. Through close collaboration within a Global team, and through line management of analysts in the UK, the SPIA will be expected to deliver research programs and initiatives to bring comprehensive knowledge and understanding of consumer perception to the product development process.
Ensure business awareness of consumer satisfaction across the current range of Dyson products worldwide;
- Maintain market overviews related to consumer satisfaction of the complete category range directly supporting the Head of Quality and Product Quality Manager.
- Matrix manage market Quality teams to produce timely insight through a co-ordinated and structured approach to market research and trial.
- Continually champion the visibility of market insight, innovating in communication technique and method.
- Produce and maintain active standardised reports and dashboards to communicate current status.
- Where appropriate escalate and prioritise issues with informed rationale and associated recommendation.
- Champion the application and correlation of consumer insight across the various Quality functions such as reliability and safety.
Act as the focal point for consumer satisfaction and lead in effective decision making throughout the development life cycle;
- Actively advocate continuous improvement activity taken from existing market knowledge into future development programs supporting the needs of innovation and development teams.
- Where necessary take an active hands-on approach to gather, interrogate and disseminate large quantities of qualitative and quantitative data. As example through survey/questionnaire design and review analysis.
- Select and conduct appropriate ad-hoc analysis to support and influence design direction and decision making.
- Apply analytical and statistical skill to test / prove hypothesises.
- Publish timely reports on development product status, with relation to consumer satisfaction, at defined development milestones across a portfolio of development projects.
- Support the creation of appropriate consumer requirements and associated targets within product development specification.
- Utilise methods such as Quality function deployment to transform voice of customer data into defined engineering characteristics.
Lead in the development of method, technique and approach to insight within the Global Quality function and the wider Dyson Business;
- Continue to integrate new KPIs and metrics to quantify and measure consumer satisfaction both for development and in market products.
- Lead and direct the wider cross functional quality team (including the data and market teams) to develop techniques in data analytics and reporting related to consumer research.
- Keep informed of industry best practice and norms. Research and integrate where necessary into Dyson process.
- Lead, motivate and coach a small group of insight analysts to deliver category specific insight and research.
- Attend the category specific Insight steering committee, on behalf of Global Quality, to support and develop cross functional activity related to consumer satisfaction across vested stakeholder groups.
- Strong line management with the ability to lead, coach and develop.
- An open and co-operative approach, empathetic of others with a pleasant and collaborative outlook. A team player.
- Patient with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environments
- Ability to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace. Results driven.
- Excellent communication skills able to convey complex ideas simply to a diverse audience. A confident presenter.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- High degree of numeracy – Confident with analysis techniques of large data sets, e.g. extrapolation, forecasting and statistical analysis (hypothesis testing, regression).
- Strong IT skills (knowledge on MS Excel, PowerPoint is a must; also knowledge on MS Access and MS Project is an added advantage).