Senior Product Engineer
Senai, Johor, Malaysia
The Senior Product Engineer is the main interface with Category Heads and to support Category heads / Design Managers on the delivery of projects within a Category Team. Leading a team of product engineers within our Category team, to help meet or exceed the technical specification, cost and time requirements on our products. Working alongside with Design Engineers, Design Managers and other cross-functional departments, our Product Engineers are encouraged to be thoroughly hands on when developing products from Project Transfer through to manufacture.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Few people understand Dyson technology as intimately as our Technical Support team. Whether fixing old machines, building prototypes for new machines, or ensuring customers receive the right spare parts, passion is key. So when our service workshop refurbishes machines, it’s to such high a quality that we can resell them with new guarantees. And when we build prototypes – 15,000 last year alone – they’re so well finished that our engineers can test components and stress points in real life scenarios. Because like all Dyson engineers, they push the boundaries of performance and quality.
- Manage and develop the team of product engineers to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Assign and supervise tasks within project team members in order to efficiently complete a project, track and organize progress of particular tasks that are critical to the projects.
- Continuously drive and review process improvement to support Category Heads, Design Managers and the wider business.
- Collaborate with UK Category Team to ensure all necessary deliverables are completed, resolve conflict and lead solutions to ensure smooth transfer of projects from UK to SEA.
- Run regular reviews/meetings with Category and Engineering Team Leaders to ensure consistent approach across projects.
- Monitor and report project performance matrix from RDD control tower and drill through the metric measurement details for escalations in the regular basis.
- Ensure his/her team meet their individual objectives and job descriptions, maintain and develop individual goals in order to contribute and achieve to the team objectives.
- Other operational tasks include Engineering Approver sign-off SKU drawings, Rating Plates, Requirements Target Approvals, CRs.
- Fully understand consumer product development process from New Product Introduction (NPI) to Start of Production SOP.
- Strong communication skills and use of best practices.
- Have a strong mind-set and effectively communicate the requirements of products within the department.
- Pro-active, well organised, prioritise tasks, good team player
- Preferably Malaysians