Senior Power System Product Engineer - Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionDyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals for a permanent Senior Product Engineer position in Philippine.
This role will primarily focus on supporting the existing family of Dyson Digital Motors and associated products with additional responsibilities to work on the validation of new projects in the run-up to the start of production. This will involve characterisation, test and analysis of motors, power electronic drives and control systems to help to ensure that the final products meet their performance specification before and during the active production lifecycle.
Based in Dyson Electronics PTE LTD Philippine you will be joining the Dyson Digital Motor Drives (DDMD) team within the Dyson Global Electronics organisation. The DDMD team form part of the wider Motors and Power Systems Group and is a significant part of Dyson RDD with a growing team of more than 100 highly skilled engineers, scientists and technicians in its UK and Singapore offices. The Group focuses on researching and developing cutting-edge electric motors, drives and control systems for integration into existing and future Dyson products from concept design to fully automated production.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Work with Motor and Power Systems Engineering and Operations teams to reduce production reject rates for both motors and products through conducting failure analysis, identifying corrective action for process issues and conducting ongoing process improvement.
- Accurately plan, execute and monitor your own work and that of allocated engineers to ensure on-spec, on-time delivery.
- Generation of high quality documentation of all work undertaken on process or design including the management of Deviation and Change requests.
- Working with RDD engineers to help ensure design solutions meet manufacturing specifications.
- Provide support to reliability and quality engineers with field return analysis, quality and reliability improvements for launched products.
- Have active involvement in supplier audits for launched products.
- Be the primary point of contact responsible for communication of technical, design or process issues between RDD engineering and manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for clear communication of the current support task, ensuring the relevant risks and priorities are clearly communicated to the Engineering Managers, Quality Manager, and Process Manager.
- Provide status reporting of the tasks against the time plan. Keep the line manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status.
- Assist the RDD engineer in documents such as design schematics, design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report, technical review documents and part approval to ensure the lessons learned from manufacturing are captured.
- A good first degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience of equivalent-level working in production, test and validation environments.
- Design knowledge and experience in a range of aspects of electronics including some of: power electronics, motor control, battery management, analogue, digital and sensing technologies.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture, PCB layout and associated software.
- Strong communication and team working skills to be able to form a bridge between multiple teams of different disciplines working on a single, integrated product across multiple global sites.
- Strong technical analysis skills and an ability to use standard laboratory equipment to set up experiments and to take precise measurements of motors and mains-referenced control systems to aid performance analysis, fault-finding and completion of GR&R testing.
- Strong statistical analysis skills to be able to gather data from multiple sources, including your own testing, to calculate such things as trends, drifts and probabilities to identify performance against specification or to show where things are starting to go wrong.
- Be flexible and open-minded to respond quickly to changes in project priorities. Be able to demonstrate sound theoretical knowledge, reasoning and problem solving skills in engineering.
- Be able to clearly report progress and results in-person during meetings along with producing a high standard of written documentation of your work.
- Proactive and persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver; highly self-motivated and self-reliant with enthusiasm for motors, power systems and Dyson products.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is mandatory.
These skills are desirable but not essential
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing environments and on-line measurement of system performance.
- Formal Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma qualification.
- Proficient use of data analysis tools such as Minitab.
- Experience of managing a small team of engineers.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of electromagnetic machine operation particularly single and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
- An appreciation of motor control techniques for low and high speed, single-phase and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
- Be proficient in the use of LabView to be able to maintain existing and create new programs.
Dyson Philippines monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a meal & rice allowances, shuttle service, medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.