Senior Patent Attorney
£Competitive plus bonus + pension + private medical / dental + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
This is an exciting prospect to be a part of the ambitious growth taking place at Dyson. The Senior Patent Attorney will be working closely with R&D teams, and will be involved in the early life of a project with the opportunity to continue working alongside until the product launch!
During this process you will be called on to advise the project team and the wider business on a wide range of IP issues, including infringement and validity of third-party IP. The work is stimulating and challenging and the environment is characterised by energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
But innovation isn’t easy. Our engineers experiment relentlessly, persevere through failure, and search for answers in unlikely places. And, to put the technology they invent into our owners’ hands, Dyson commercial people do exactly the same. Defying convention. From source, to shop.
• Draft and prosecute patent applications in relation to inventions belonging to the company
• Analyse search results and apply findings as appropriate
• Make recommendations regarding the protection of inventions in various territories
• Prepare and file registered design applications in territories as agreed
• Advise product development/research teams with regard to potential risks relating to third parties’ rights
• Review Graphics briefs and carry out sign-offs
• Maintain ongoing contact with various specific teams and advise them on IP issues as necessary
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current IP laws and practices
• Have secured, or be close to securing, full UK and/or European qualifications
• Possess excellent communication skills, analytical capability and a proactive, results-driven approach
• The role requires an ability to communicate points to non-IP personnel in a concise and understandable manner
• This role also requires an ability to get through the tasks in a timely manner without undue delays occurring