Senior Mechanical Engineer
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
- Work with RDD product, motor, electronics & operations team to reduce the reject rate according to the production’s Pareto chart.
- Assist with production issue’s (i.e. process, approval & failure analysis) and documented in PLM.
- Review Concept, Develop and Detail ideas for precision mechanical parts and layouts.
- Responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and design requirements from development stage to production part/tooling approval complete.
- Lead projects related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability (Cpk), FMEA, Minitab, etc.
- Deliver mechanical assemblies to meet the specifications and processes encompassing low cost, high volume manufacturing techniques.
- Review Engineering Change Requests; liaise with RDD and Manufacturing in drawing creation/3D CAD and BOM for the designs.
- Work with other simulation/electronic/mechanical engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met.
- Liaise with our In-house Manufacturing Team for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Between 5-7 years of mechanical design experience ideally related to precision machinery or complex mechanical assembly such as HDD, electric motors or turbochargers.
- At least 1-2 years of managing a small team.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and mechatronics.
- Demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work proactively, to identify issues and propose better solutions.
- Proficiency in PLM, Minitab and 3D CAD (Unigraphics) is an advantage.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Good at communicating at all levels.
- A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel.