Senior Machine Vision Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionYou will be based within the Research team at Dyson, focusing on early stage technology research and engineering. This is an opportunity to be at the heart of Dyson's technology research.
Market OverviewAdvanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 15 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But our Dyson 360 Eye™ robot is just the start. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent – able to understand environments and navigate with complex sensors and algorithms. There’s more to discover. The future is robotic. All Dyson products will be part of the internet of things. And our Robotics team is helping us to unveil this next generation.
Function OverviewIn the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
The role is one of a technical specialist able to work in cross function teams. You will have experience of developing optical systems in the area of machine vision or image acquisition within industry underpinned by the relevant academic background. Your experience can come from a variety of backgrounds and you will be enthusiastic about consumer products.
- Research and development of machine vision/image acquisition with a focus on optical solutions
- Development of working prototypes and validation methods to prove out concepts (in partnership with other teams)
- Documentation and reporting of work packages
- Contribution to technology road maps and strategy
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Experience of optical/vision system design in an industrial R&D environment
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
- Conceptualise, prototype and test new technologies
- Experience in mechatronics, emphasis on hardware & software integration (eg Arduino, Raspberry PI)
- Working knowledge of MATLAB or LabVIEW and 3D modelling packages