Senior Financial Analyst
Senai, Johor, Malaysia
There is an increasing demand to improve the FP&A function as quickly as possible, and with multiple projects in this area over the course of this year, there is a need for a high calibre person to join the team.
- Support the FP&A Manager in managing the capex and opex spend in the region.
- Support the FP&A manager to standardize and streamline month end, reporting & forecasting processes.
- Review monthly actual results, analyse the variance between actual and budget, and forecast future performance (monthly LE). Present the data in a clear and insightful manner in meetings with senior executives.
- Annual budgeting, and long range plan exercise.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non-finance members of the Dyson team.
- Support and work on process improvement projects and lean initiatives. You will proactively and continuously improve everything you encounter.
- Take ownership of facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks.
- Enforce governance and control and compliance of company policies and procedures.
- A significant portion of your time will be spent working on ad hoc tasks. Many will relate to your core responsibilities of the team, but you will be keen to take on other challenges.
- Fluent English.
- Strong proven technical accounting capabilities. For example, Big-4 trained with minimum 4 years.
- Minimum 5 years of operational and commercial financial reporting experience, with some experience of developing/managing people.
- Strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working.
- Experienced SAP user.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent business acumen.
- Able to independently lead initiatives and people to successful outcomes, whether that be through peers, and / or business partners.
- Commercially minded. Balances supporting the business and controlling it.
- Naturally drives for results, looks to add value; energetic, engaging and positive approach.
- Instinctively lean, looks to improve the control environment and make processes more efficient.
- Strong communicator and influencer, both within and outside finance. Able to work with colleagues at different levels including senior management.
- Curious and challenging nature.
- Team player. Looking for continuous improvement of people management skills and experience working across multiple locations and functions.
- Accurate and attentive to details.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment typical of a fast-growing business.
- Experience working in Operations hubs
- Technology and/or Manufacturing sector experience