Senior Finance Analyst
£40,000 - £45,000 + Bonus, 27 Days Holiday, Onsite Gym, Free Parking
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Senior Finance Analyst role in the Professional business is an opportunity to provide commercial business decision support. It’s a high profile role with global reach, offering considerable interaction with markets and the senior leadership team, and an opportunity to raise individual profile and build a network across the business.
Market OverviewThe role is based at Dyson HQ, Malmesbury. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world; it’s an exciting place to be.
Dyson Professional has developed from the Dyson Airblade business that launched in 2006. Since 2016 the business has been on a journey of rapid transformation with the introduction of the Lighting category and the addition of Dyson’s consumer technology to create a broader B2B product portfolio targeted at the hospitality, healthcare, transport, office and education sectors. The business demonstrates Dyson technology to millions of potential customers every day.
Function OverviewThe Professional finance function plays a key part in the business’s global commercial success. The team provides vital business partnering support across the Group functions – RDD, Commercial, Salesforce, Operations, and HR – and our markets. It’s also responsible for creating and monitoring the framework of processes and controls that define how we operate financially, and providing performance insights through reporting and analysis that influence how we operate commercial.
AccountabilitiesThe role will be responsible for financial reporting of the commercial business performance at a global level to the senior leadership team, and will lead projects to continually develop reporting to keep pace with business change. The role is also responsible for Airblade and Lighting category finance and will closely partner the Research Design and Development Category Director and their team, and other product development stakeholders to assess the commercial viability of our next generation technology.
- Own monthly financial reporting for the global Professional business, providing insightful commentary to senior stakeholders that tells the story behind the numbers.
- Lead projects to improve financial reporting, including the development and execution of a financial reporting roadmap to ensure reporting continues to meet the needs of the business as it expands.
- Own the relationship with Group Finance; working closely together to ensure the Professional business is a stakeholder in relevant Group Finance reporting initiatives and developments, and to achieve buy in from Group Finance where required to enable the delivery of the Professional reporting roadmap.
- Business partner the RDD Category Director and Professional RDD team. Provide a link between product development, operations and the commercial side of the business; contributing to sound decision making for the Professional business as a whole.
- Develop business cases to appraise the financial justification for new products. Attend project milestones to present the latest business case and provide valuable decision support throughout the product development process.
- Qualified Accountant, c.2yrs PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Both competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Written communication style is clear and concise.
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach; balances areas requiring focus with recognition of the importance of avoiding unnecessary delays to progress.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner.
- IT skills: proficient in MS Office suite; demonstrable willingness to learn SAP ERP and Salesforce.com (training provided).