Senior Engineer - Seating Systems
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
This role sits within the Interiors team of our automotive function
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
Function OverviewWe’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
Senior Engineers are required to engineer front and rear seating systems.
- be responsible for concept engineering of whole seat systems (mechanisms, structures, foam squabs, premium skins and associated electronic devices
- create functional specification of front or rear seating system
- develop DVP, FMEA
- work with suppliers as "intelligent customer"
- degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Experience equivalent to at least 5 years in automotive seat systems gained within a tier 1 seating supplier
- capable of leading a small team of engineers to design and develop front and rear seats
- have experience of all areas of seat design
- be able to use interrogate CAD data and DMU
- understanding of occupant packaging/ergonomic design considerations
- 3D CAD ideally NX
- CAE structural analysis, be able to use data
- knowledge of premium and innovative seats
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition