Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Lean Specialist)
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Senior Manufacturing Engineer role is to define and develop manufacturing solutions from the early phases of product development through to start of production working with our NPI engineers and our SEA Operations team. This includes working within the product teams to ensure Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly, plus working with Dyson engineers and suppliers to develop manufacturing systems, processes and equipment as required. It will also involve defining ways of working and new process, including but not exclusively Manufacturing Readiness Levels (MRL’s). You have opportunity to grow your engineering skills, working with other engineers to develop yourself, as well as being responsible and accountable for your own work and deliverables.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Provide manufacturing skills in:
- Guide & work with RDD and Manufacturing Engineering teams to deliver best practice regarding assembly and / or component manufacturing processes, in the most cost efficient way whilst ensuring product quality and reliability targets are achieved
- Work with contract manufacturing assembly and production providers
- Lead or participate in data driven risk analysis to enable informed review of manufacturing plans
- Work in cross functional teams in the UK and SEA
- Extensive use of DFA/DFM and Lean Manufacturing techniques to ensure suitability of all designs for efficient high-volume manufacture. Including completing Lean audits.
Specification, design and implementation of Manufacturing equipment for assembly, testing, and component manufacture
- RFQ’s, CAPEX,
- Proof of Principle
- Assess the process capability of key equipment, using SPC, GR&R or Measurement System Analysis as appropriate
Manufacturing skills and experience:
- Extensive use of Lean Six-Sigma tools –Green belt or Black Belt accreditation
- Manufacturing simulation
- Experience working within Product Development and Design environment
- Knowledge of / or worked on continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing process research and development
- Manufacturing equipment design, build and implementation
Project and People management skills and experience:
- Held a position of responsibility (project / people / financial) within the manufacturing function of a lean, quality driven, class leading organization
- Ability to evaluate, understand and manage risk (technical, safety, commercial) associated with a project
- Project management
Please Note: Applications for this role will close on January 11th 2018