Senior Firmware Engineer
Be updated on the latest software design, code implementation and validation of embedded software for the work products
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Be responsible for the management and technical oversight of a team of software engineers.
- Have the ability to generate products’ software requirement specification, design documents and test specification
- Work closely with other team such as project manager, electronic category leader, software team leader, software architectures, software manager to estimate the software development effort and able to create software development schedules
- Can maintain current and well informed on embedded software engineering methodologies and technologies
- Develop test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification, product validation test and production testing
- Involve in software development process improvement activities
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of software experience in software design and development of embedded system
- Familiar with C / C++
- Experience and have good understanding of software development life cycles (SDLC), basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of power electronics circuitry
- Good knowledge of embedded real-time software engineering (requirement analysis, design, testing), data structures, algorithms is required
- Knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts
- Practical experience with UML
- Experience with CMMi and/or Agile Software Development process
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.