Senior Electronics Design Quality Engineer
DescriptionDyson is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to be located in Singapore. This is not a traditional QA role relating directly to manufacturing, but to quality product development particularly in Electronics and Firmware.
The position will support product development, but be independent.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Singapore's Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever.
- Leading a programme of initiatives to drive improvement in Electronics Design for Quality, Reliability, and Manufacturability
- Evaluate and propose improvement in the robustness of design and design review process, design verification, and the manufacturing release process.
- Focused on hardware, the role will have a significant embedded firmware component. Familiarity with the software design process would also be a benefit.
- Facilitating Lessons Learned documentation and review of improvement opportunities with Product Development teams. Driving continuous improvement will be an important part of the position.
- Lead teams in executing DFMEA and Risk Assessment
- Conduct evaluations, including design of experiments and reliability studies, when necessary, to verify that products and/or processes comply with the requirements of applicable specifications - such as design, marketing, test and quality system requirements; and be able to apply statistical methods to products and processes to monitor trends and contribute to the implementation of continuous improvement programs.
- The successful candidate must be hands on and able to investigate and support investigation into in-house and field failures for root causes, requesting corrective action where appropriate from the responsible functions or departments,
- Represents the QA department on project and other cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering plus a minimum of 8 year experience ideally in electronics
- Must have a background in Electronics design Or design Quality background
- A solid background in the principles of Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement is essential.
- Must have a working knowledge of the ISO 9000/TS16949/ISO13485 Standards and be capable of developing and auditing procedures that comply with the Standards.
- Familiar with quality processes and tools such as APQP, Control Plans, MSA, FMEA etc.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.