Senior Design Engineer - Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
Market OverviewDyson Philippines was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing and development of Dyson's core technology for our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Our Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big. The ones that transform markets.
• Take responsibility for creating and owning vision specification and business case for new product concepts, including development budget and running costs.
• Within teams, take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas – host brainstorms, gather research, select and present ideas and concepts to senior management.
• Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
• Work seamlessly with research teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills in research teams to get best value from Dyson technologies.
• Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
• Be responsible for the approach, quality and accuracy of the development team’s work.
• Use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved product assembly to the correct standards.
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
• Clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over to over teams.
• Communicate between all teams within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input.
• Day to day operational management for allocated Design Engineers/Graduate Design Engineers including performance management, people development and all other line manager responsibilities.
• Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
• Previous experience designing manufactured products.
• Knowledge and understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
• Proven experience of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints.
• A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
• Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
• Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
• Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Self starter - ability to work independently.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries within the region. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, leave entitlements, medical cover and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.