Senior Category Manager
Up to £80,000 + Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionOn a global basis, direct and lead strategy and planning for a procurement category to deliver competitive advantage for Dyson through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
With deep category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers including the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings.
The role will develop influential senior level relationships across markets and business units including ownership of both the procurement and PSL compliance. This is a key strategic role with the expectation of delivery by yourself, your team and through virtual teams of SMEs across the Dyson business.
Market OverviewDyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different.
We’re growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.
Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone. But if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
Function OverviewThe procurement team is expanding to keep up with our ambition. This has created new roles for Senior Category Managers across all the procurement categories – Marketing, IT, Property, Professional Services and Head Office. These roles are ‘greenfield’ so are there for you to shape.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take leadership of a category with a global remit. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. We are implementing the very latest procurement technology to help us deliver our goals.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
- Develop and continually review robust, forward looking global category plans based on business needs taking into account regional and national differences.
- Influence the businesses through strong stakeholder and relationship management.
- Role model the Dyson Behaviours appropriate to both individual and the role both leading self and leading others; ingenious, explorer, fighter and shrewd.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Know how to be at your best and what motivates you. Inspire others, providing energy and engagement.
- Provide clear direction in the creation and execution of category plans.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to category activity.
- A reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility but also has clear strategic direction.
- MCIPS, MBA or equivalent.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders up to Board level.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- Actively removes complexity.
- Demonstrable leadership of matrix teams under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Capability to achieve not only the best service from a category but also able to create global competitive advantages and performance.
- Commercially astute and with a fastidious, all-seeing eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to drive decision making.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and tenacious team-player.
- Self-aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- A highly driven self-starter; who has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team.