Senior Business Analyst
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Chicago, United States
The Senior Business Analyst supports the business and our category teams to deliver insights and actionable analysis that drive profitable decision making.
Drive tangible value for the business through assessment and recommendations based on an understanding of the relevant demand drivers
- Partner with Insights team to continually monitor demand drivers and identify actionable insights based on external data, e.g. media dip, NPD Consumer Panel, Traqline
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports on category KPIs to support business objectives
- Support long-term category planning
- Continually mine data for insights and translate to the business
Support planning and decision-making with a focus on the effectiveness of media channels and investments
- Provide simple, actionable Executive-level summaries that analyze key marketing activities and provide recommendations for future investment opportunities
- Partner with Digital Marketing Team to evaluate benefits of digital investments and optimize investment levels
- Analyze financial and non-financial metrics to communicate overall campaign effectiveness
Special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Make improvements and efficiencies to existing processes
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated competence in mathematics and analytics
- Minimum 5 years in an analyst role required
- Prior experience working with a Sales and Marketing Organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint is required
- SAP and BW experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to partner with Finance and Marketing teams
- Intellectually curious
- Ability to present financial reporting and analysis
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.