Senai, Johor, Malaysia
The Security Manager for Dyson Manufacturing Sdn Bhd (DMSB) is a newly created position that will be responsible for implementing the Dyson Security Strategy, policies, programmes and standards within Malaysia. The Security Manager will not only responsible and accountable for managing the security at the Dyson (DMSB) site but also for ensuring Dyson Security Standards are audited, enforced and reported at 3rd Party Manufacturing / supplier sites.
The responsibilities encompass all aspects of security including systems, processes, infrastructure and organisational culture that are needed to meet Dyson’s security objectives. The role will cover the engineering facility in Johor Malaysia which is home to nearly 1200 manufacturing professionals, supply chain and support professionals, engineers, scientists, labs and test facilities.
- To implement strategies that will secure the Dyson supply chain, both up and downstream, implement standards and controls that ensure the integrity of the supply chain with a robust audit program. Working in tandem with the IT Security function and other key stakeholders
- Works with Dyson’s Head of Security APAC to align with the Dyson security strategy.
- Assist in the effective investigation and reduction of all aspects of IP leakage within the internal and external supply chain and to devise and recommend preventative measures
- Assist in development and maintain a joint Security strategy between the company and its suppliers/carriers and an audit program to ensure that senior leadership are aware of areas of risk. This will be based on the Dyson Minimum Security Standard for 3rd Party Contractors and Suppliers
- To develop external communication links between other relevant business and Government Agencies to share intelligence/information regarding criminal and any other activity which could affect the business
- To provide support and guidance for DMSB Security personnel by monitoring and standardising procedures to ensure physical protection of buildings, people and property
- To maintain the effectiveness of all current operational technical equipment including intruder alarms and CCTV systems, access control and recommending appropriate local enhancements/developments
- To develop and implement the existing security strategy and standards to ensure the protection of Dyson’s pre-patent intellectual property and confidential information
- Provide training, advice and guidance on any travel safety and security and security/loss prevention related matters as appropriate. Providing direct and indirect support to the DMSB on-boarding process and security awareness program
- Responsible for developing information security awareness initiatives to ensure compliance across the function
- Supports and challenges departments on their progress towards security objectives. Identifies and supports delivery of action plans to address shortfalls
- Advises on, and works with, relevant functional teams to implement solutions to safeguard the organisation’s assets
- Provides reports and metrics on the status of security
- Maintains and tests business continuity/crisis management plans
• 5-7 years commercial experience in an in-house security function
• Experience of FMCG, high tech manufacturing and the protection of IP preferred
• Experience in supply chain security
• Formal qualification in Security Management desirable
• Has an extensive network of commercial security contacts within the region and globally
• Ability to analyse and use evidence effectively to inform decision-making.
• Able to develop clear business cases for investments to improve security. A commercial mind-set.
• Understand threats, vulnerabilities and specific risks related to the effective control of systems and infrastructure.
• Ability to adapt to different cultural operating environments
• Extensive experience and a clear understanding of policies, procedures and minimum standards relating to security
• Understanding of Data Protection legislation and its impact
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.