Security Delivery Lead - Contractor
Competitive £day rate
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe are recruiting an experienced cloud security practitioner with strong experience of working with security solutions in cloud environments. You will assist in the delivery and on-going assurance of Dyson’s Connected Cloud / IoT consumer device platform at all project stages; from setting security requirements through to delivering security projects and overseeing assurance activities. The major focus of this role is hands-on delivery of security projects. You will also provide technical advice to the wider Connected Category teams (including mobile app developers, cloud developers, product design engineers, UI/UX etc.) to ensure that security is considered at every stage, observes industry good practice, exhibits appropriate governance, and that technologies are adequately and securely implemented to support the needs of the business.
Market OverviewTucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 4,000 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the IT team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
Function OverviewIt’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from the prying eyes of the bad guys? Dyson’s Cyber Security department works tirelessly to keep our secrets secret and our crown jewels locked up, using world class technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We think like hackers and try and anticipate their every move, researching the latest threats and exploring every angle. The Security Architecture team design the technology solutions that keep us at the top of our game, refining our processes, stressing our systems, and making sure we’re well honed. It’s a tireless job, but the bad guys don’t rest.
Accountabilities• Help steer the Connected/IoT programme, ensuring that security requirements are identified, represented and met.
• Act as the point of contact for all security queries within your designated scrum team/s.
• Carry out hands-on and time sensitive security delivery work within your designated scrum team/s.
• Design, coordinate and oversee security testing to verify the security of systems and cloud applications and drive the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
• Provide security risk assessment & recommendations to the Connected Category, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect the business, and our customers.
• Write, maintain, and follow security documentation including technical designs and operations manuals.
• Keep abreast of cloud security advisories, alerts, security trends and practices.
Skills• Experience of supporting the full security development lifecycle on large Cloud or Internet of Things platforms.
• Good awareness of AGILE development methodologies and a SecDevOps approach to security integration.
• Experience of supporting InfoSec Risk Assessments using industry best practice risk management methodologies
• Knowledge of IT Security Governance frameworks & practices (e.g. ISO 27001, risk management concepts)