Sales Order Processing Supervisor
Chicago, IL, United States
This role will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills. The ability to respond to continual change and challenges within this very fast paced environment while maintaining customer relationships and service levels is essential.
1.(Global business – number of people, countries, offices, machines sold, expansion, bigger, better)
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
2.(JD story – one man and an idea, where it all began, still leads the business today, family owned)
Not many global technology companies can say they’re still led by the founder. But we can. The same man who invented the first bagless vacuum, who persevered for 15 years to sell his idea, then took on Hoover when they stole it. And the same man who, as our Chief Engineer, has personally overseen every Dyson invention since.
James Dyson still defines the spirit of Dyson today. His entrepreneurial edge and tenacity guide our fighting spirit. Still family owned, we’re fiercely independent. Who we are and what we invent is down to us, and us alone. And we remain committed to keeping it this way.
3.(Multiple categories – from vacuums to global technology business, the new product categories we’ve entered, our own motor, four categories to come by 2020)
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
4. (Problem solvers – our approach to engineering, we see problems and engineer better solutions, transplanting technologies for new purposes)
Why put up with vacuum bags that diminish suction? Why labour drying hands with slow, energy-hungry machines? Why should fans use blades or lightbulbs fail so fast? There’s always a better way. And at Dyson, our mission is to find it. Solving old problems with new thinking, to invent machines that work better.
But innovation isn’t easy. Our engineers experiment relentlessly, persevere through failure, and search for answers in unlikely places. And, to put the technology they invent into our owners’ hands, Dyson commercial people do exactly the same. Defying convention. From source, to shop.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Customer Service team epitomises Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. There’s no query our Ask Dyson teams can’t answer. And there’s no fault our Field Service engineers can’t fix.
Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology. So we never miss an opportunity to talk about Dyson’s latest machines – and frequently sell products as well as solve problems. From letters and emails, to calls, online and social media, our team is constantly evolving to give better service.
- Responsible for the day to day management of all sales orders being processed
- Initiates and implements procedures and work standards to meet departmental goals and business objectives
- Monitor open orders to ensure order shipments go out on time from our warehouse and distribution partners
- Analyze incoming data and order history in order report results, summarize data and make recommendations to management and business partners
- Manage SKU’s on allocation through timely communication with the retailer, Supply Planning, and Sales while keeping our contractual commitments in mind
- Research and resolve any order discrepancies on a timely basis with both internal parties and warehouses
- Build good working relationships and communicate regularly with Sales, Supply Planning and Customer Experience to provide excellent customer service
- Proactively review sales goals and promotions schedules to make sure we have the proper resources to support expected order volumes
- Resolve any order issues as needed
- Assist in special projects
- Monitor sales activities and advise on any anomalies. Advise Sales Managers of deviation from expected sales volumes
- Proactively identify risks to the organization and prevent issues related to customer compliance programs from occurring
- Identify opportunities for improvement and take action as appropriate
- Collaborate with Sales, Logistics, Third Party Service Providers, Customer Experience and others, as appropriate, to ensure good customer service and the timely and cost effective delivery of products
- Review reports and analyze data to identify issues
- Escalate issues as appropriate
- Recommend solutions to issues
- Supervise the day to day work activities of a team of Sales Order Analysts
- Manage distribution of workload and secure appropriate coverage during staff shortages or peak periods
- Cross train and develop staff, providing them with the information and tools to be successful
Manage employee performance to ensure we have a high-performing team to meet business needs
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience with an Inside Sales or Order Processing team strongly preferred
- Ability to recognize departmental needs and take initiative to analyze process and work towards improvement
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in identifying risks
- Shows excellent judgment with focus on achieving business goals
- Ability to set goals within department and motivate staff to achieve results
- Strong customer focus with a sense of urgency to customer needs
- Basic project management skills
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to prioritize appropriately
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
Strong computer skills (SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities