Sales Order Analyst
Aurora, IL, United States
This role will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills. The ability to respond to continual change and challenges within this very fast paced environment while maintaining customer relationships and service levels is essential.
1.(Global business – number of people, countries, offices, machines sold, expansion, bigger, better)
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
2.(JD story – one man and an idea, where it all began, still leads the business today, family owned)
Not many global technology companies can say they’re still led by the founder. But we can. The same man who invented the first bagless vacuum, who persevered for 15 years to sell his idea, then took on Hoover when they stole it. And the same man who, as our Chief Engineer, has personally overseen every Dyson invention since.
James Dyson still defines the spirit of Dyson today. His entrepreneurial edge and tenacity guide our fighting spirit. Still family owned, we’re fiercely independent. Who we are and what we invent is down to us, and us alone. And we remain committed to keeping it this way.
3.(Multiple categories – from vacuums to global technology business, the new product categories we’ve entered, our own motor, four categories to come by 2020)
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
4. (Problem solvers – our approach to engineering, we see problems and engineer better solutions, transplanting technologies for new purposes)
Why put up with vacuum bags that diminish suction? Why labour drying hands with slow, energy-hungry machines? Why should fans use blades or lightbulbs fail so fast? There’s always a better way. And at Dyson, our mission is to find it. Solving old problems with new thinking, to invent machines that work better.
But innovation isn’t easy. Our engineers experiment relentlessly, persevere through failure, and search for answers in unlikely places. And, to put the technology they invent into our owners’ hands, Dyson commercial people do exactly the same. Defying convention. From source, to shop.
Dyson moved US customer care operations from Chicago to a dedicated $1.5 million contact centre in nearby Aurora during 2012. The 14,000 sq. ft building provides an acoustically engineered open-plan environment, including space for our 250 Dyson experts to disassemble machines while on support calls.
With capacity to handle 30,000 support issues every day, our Aurora site has been designed to expand alongside our growing number of US Dyson owners. Offering them help and advice via telephone, email, social media and online chat.
Our Customer Service team epitomises Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. There’s no query our Ask Dyson teams can’t answer. And there’s no fault our Field Service engineers can’t fix.
Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology. So we never miss an opportunity to talk about Dyson’s latest machines – and frequently sell products as well as solve problems. From letters and emails, to calls, online and social media, our team is constantly evolving to give better service.
Ensure sales order processing daily from customers and retail order.
- Ensure shipments go out on time
- Provide excellent customer service
- Monitor backlog of orders & shipments, take appropriate actions
- Daily importing of electronic order transmission from EDI customers
- Daily processing of consumer and retail orders
- Identify and maintain errors in EDI documents transmitted from customers
- Assuring order accuracy and resolving any discrepancies in pricing, quantity or terms
- Acts as backfill in supervisors absence
- Train/Update Sales Order Processing (SOP) Specialists as required
- Generate procedures and process flows for department operations
- Participate in SAP process changes and update SOP team to these changes
- Daily manual entry of mass retailer and independent dealer orders
- Process Dyson marketing programs to include customer accommodation, value added and employeepurchase programs
Appropriately communicate problems and implement solutions
· Working closely with Dyson sales and customers team to identify and resolve any external order issues with the order data provided by our customers
- Communicating daily with Dyson inventory and production planning team to ensure inventory shortages are minimized
- Working closely with Dyson sales team to identify and resolve any internal order issue with customer or item set up
- Partnering with Dyson logistics team and third party logistics service providers to ensure customers orders ship on time, accurately and according to customer routing guide specifications
- Working with Dyson accounts receivable to resolve any customer credit issues to ensure shipping deadlines are met
Audit and report to SOP, Sales, and Finance teams
· Daily auditing of SOP team order entry to ensure accuracy in all customer orders
· Providing daily new order, open order and pending shipment information to Dyson sales and finance teams
· Providing daily open order and product availability information to Dyson sales and finance teams
- Supply ad hoc advanced reporting as requested on open orders, shipments and other customer and product related inquiries
Provide excellent customer support for customers
· Providing order status information on consumer orders to Dyson’s call center as requested
· Communicating order status to customers as requested
· Notifying and partnering with customer to resolve errors or discrepancies on orders
· Providing tracking information on shipped orders to customers as requested
· Providing phone support for any mass retailer or independent dealer order on product information
Fulfill other duties as required
· Preparation of ad hoc reporting as necessary
· Identify and implement process improvement procedures as necessary
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
· 3+ years of prior data entry and customer service experience required, preferably in an inventory and order fulfillment environment
· Experience with SAP, or similar system, and EDI required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong customer focus with a sensitivity to customer needs
· Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail.
· Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables and V look ups
· Excellent organization skills
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities