Robotics Test Engineer with Labview
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
DescriptionDyson are looking for an experienced test engineer who is passionate about robotics to lead the development of world class robotic testing. Some of testing involves running our autonomous robots within a simulated home with props and scenery, automated lighting and state-of-the-art motion tracking systems. Other tests require the development of complex hardware-in-the-loop simulators where we can create novel test scenarios testing single and multiple subsystems. Understanding how to test Dyson robotic products requires an understanding of how software and hardware work together at different levels. The robots may have complex machine vision, navigation and motion and emergent behaviours that occur when these systems interact with the physical world and us.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. In 2017 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewWhen you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
• Understand how robotic systems function and what determines good or bad performance.
• Carry out testing on multiple robotics technologies (hardware, software, sensors etc)
• Work with the robotics project team to capture test requirements. Create ambitious automated test solutions using Labview.
• Specify test equipment and tools and lab infrastructure required for robotics testing
• Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
• Provide technical advice and leadership to engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice.
• Contribute to the definition and refinement of test engineering processes.
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent in Robotics, Electromechanical, Electronics, Electrical or Systems Engineering.
• Experience developing test automation using Labview
• Experience working with complex electronic systems.
• Experience testing a range of different electronic sensor and actuator devices.
• Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
• Good organizational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
• Proven, structured approach to systems verification, test procedures and equipment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Certified Labview Developer
• Experience with Labview RT, Labview for FPGA or NI Veristand.
• Experience owning and managing test campaigns for complex systems
• Experience with database tools for test result management
• Experience of Requirements Management, System Design & Specification, Integration, Test Planning etc.