Research Scientist for Image Analysis
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
The role will be within the New Technology Research team at Dyson. The role requires skills and experience in developing, optimising & validating simulation and analysis techniques for test methods and image analysis along with a good knowledge of applied statistics to facilitate the task. The output from both simulation and image analysis will be used to understand device performance, working closely with engineers & scientists to further optimise the prototypes.
Opening date for applications: 15th May 2017
Closing date for applications: 15th June 2017
Market OverviewDyson is a fast paced environment with high demands on quality and novel innovation. It is known for its fresh approach to Design. Members of this team need to thrive under pressure and be able to deftly juggle priorities and flex to the dynamic and agile environment that comes with this creative setting.
Function OverviewIt takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each of product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, we lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why anyone can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
- Identification of key software requirements & toolkits for each image analysis task.
- Develop advanced IA processing toolboxes to pre-process, analyse and output image metrics/visuals.
- Optimise IA techniques to improve throughput and efficiency
- Give recommendations on how to improve image capture to optimise the quality of image analysis output
- Collection and reporting of results to aid product design decisions.
- Deliver specialist knowledge to Engineers and management team as part of project progress reviews.
- A passion for research and problem solving in a product development context
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to execute experimental programs, analyse the data, summarise findings and make recommendations
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.
- Engineering Degree: BSc, MSc or PhD